Yes, we understand that it is very frustrating So if you plugged your iPhone 12 to a computer and it shows ‘ iPhone is disabled’ connect to iTunes. The most common reason for this is when you put a wrong passcode multiple times, this is a way that your phone protects itself from wrong access.
Here’s some things you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
Step 1 : Recovery Mode
- Hold the side button and one of the volume buttons and wait for the power off to show.
- Turn off your iPhone 12.
- Hold the side button of your iPhone 12 and plug into a computer. Continue holding the side button until the ‘Recovery Screen’ shows.
Step 2 : Locate your iPhone 12
- This depends on the software that running on your laptop. It’s either Finder (on a Mac running Catalina) or iTunes (on a PC)
Step 3 : Restore
- After selecting your iPhone 12 on your computer, click ‘Restore’
- A software will download and may take a few minute, please wait until your data is erased.
Step 4 : Set up your iPhone 12
- Backup your iPhone 12 using your iCloud
- Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content > If you had done the backup, tap ‘Erase Now’
- After few minutes, restart your iPhone 12 and it should be good to go.
The problem should be fixed by now. Always remember to be careful on putting in your passcode to avoid this kind of issue in the future. Nonetheless, hope the above helps you.
Below are some articles that may interest you too: