Sometimes even if we have updated our iPhone 12, there’s still issues arising. An example is your iPhone 12 not showing up in iTunes. There are still a lot of improvement that needs to be carried out.
However, for the time being until they will come up with a permanent solutions to these issues, we can do the following.
- Test Connectivity
In some cases, iTunes cannot detect your iPhone 12 due to low or no internet connections. Make sure that you have proper internet connections on both your devices.
Make sure that your iPhone 12 is unlocked, and that you tapped ‘Trust This Computer’ when you were notified.
Sometimes, you need to disable restrictions to ensure proper connectivity. To do this, Go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Tap Off.
2. Restart both your devices (iPhone 12, Computer) and iTunes
- This is probably the most used troubleshooting of all, but to be very honest in does work in most cases. Try to restart everything.
Restart iPhone 12
- Hold either volume button and the side button until the slider for power off shows.
- Turn off your phone
- To turn your phone back on, hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- For Mac users : Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) button with the power button (or the Touch ID/Eject button) until the home screen goes blank and your Mac restarts.
- For Windows users : Press the Windows logo key + R.
- Quit iTunes. Press these keys simultaneously (Option, Command, and Esc (Escape). Choose the app in the Force Quit window, and then click Force Quit.
- Start iTunes.
3. Update iTunes
You will need to check the available updates and update to the latest version. For Mac users, go to iTunes > Check for Updates. For Windows users, go to Help > Check for Updates.
4. Update Driver Software
- Right click My Computer > tap Properties > tap Device Manager > Right Click Apple Mobile Device USB Drive > tap Update Driver Software
These steps should be able to help you fix the issue. Let us know if your computer can now recognize your iPhone 12.
You may check our other articles that can help you out on other issues:
How to Set Up VPN on iPhone 12
How to Connect Disabled iPhone to iTunes
iPhone 12 Stuck on Apple Logo : How to fix it
How to Connect Two Airpods to the Same iPhone 12